1. Guided Adventures Provide Security When You are Trying Something New
We at Outdoor ESCAPES New Hampshire help people of all ages explore the outdoors with safety, fun, and learning in mind. We offer nature tours and outdoor education to individuals, families, tourists, travelers, and groups of all kinds (youth, civic, spiritual, corporate, etc.).
2. Outdoor Adventures are Good 4 You
Bringing children (and children-at-heart) into nature powers the imagination by stimulating creativity. These sensory experiences also reduce attention deficit, lower stress, and improve immunity. Let's build a better future by exposing children (& adults!) to more fresh air, challenge-by-choice, and sunshine!
3. A Great Family Experience
There is no other activity that gets the whole family together like enjoying life outdoors, connecting with your kids and making memories that will last forever. (Same goes for groups & teams.)
Live in the city? If you are feeling nature-deficient, you will find solitude, fresh air, peace, and the thrill of adventure.
5. Explore New Places
You will get to know and appreciate New Hampshire's natural places and the diversity of species that live here. The State of New Hampshire in northern New England features lakes, mountains, rivers, valleys, seacoast, and the northwoods. You may also experience local history and culture, and meet new people--outdoor folks are the friendliest people around.
6. Something for Everyone
We provide outdoor learning opportunities. From grandparents to babies, active or not, we have adventures for all. Find waterfalls and animal tracks. Have fun in the water and snow. Take scenic pictures. Discover moose, birds, frogs, and bugs. Take an S.U.V. tour of a region. Hike, bike, canoe, kayak, snowshoe, and ski. Shoot an arrow with a bow. Learn backcountry and survival skills. It's fresh air fun for everyone!
7. Our Guides Know Wild New Hampshire
Our territory covers Pittsburg to Portsmouth to Pisgah State Park. Visit our About Us page to discover who we are, and our areas of expertise.
8. Custom Adventures--Statewide, Year-Round
Each ESCAPE is unique because our guides provide a personalized, flexible adventure that is tailored to your interests and abilities. Here are some Testimonials to prove that we strive to give you the best experience for your money. You may also read about us In the News.
9. You Don't Need a Car
We offer Carless Adventures, so if you get yourself to our adventure destinations by using public transportation, we'll take care of the rest! See our Getting Here page for options.
10. Eat Well
Food eaten with fresh-air appetites simply tastes better. Day trip picnic lunches are either prepared by a reputable local deli, or your guide will provide a picnic buffet tailored to your diet. On multi-day trips, your guide will either meticulously plan and prepare meals in camp on expeditions (or teach you how to prepare your own meals), or recommend yummy restaurants for dinner and/or breakfast if you're lodging at bed and breakfasts, inns, etc.
Anything is possible! Just imagine...
- Paddling along the Northern Forest Canoe Trail and seeing moose feeding along the shore.
- Hiking the Cohos Trail with mountain views in three states plus Quebec..
- Backcountry camping under a dark, starry sky and seeing the Milky Way.
- Observing and photographing natural landscapes throughout the four seasons.
- Biking a forest road along a cascading stream where you can take a dip to cool off.
- Cross country skiing from a tipi or yurt in the quiet of winter and finding wild animal tracks.
- Taking an Autumn sightseeing tour in the White Mountains, stopping at waterfalls & ice cream.
- Kayaking by day on thrilling whitewater, and resting by night at a cozy bed-and-breakfast.
- Collecting and preparing wild edible plants and medicinals.
- Learning primitive wilderness survival skills and bushcraft in the North Woods.
- Practicing outdoor leadership skills on a multi-day backpacking, canoe, or snowshoe trip.
- Discovering the arts and skills of target archery and animal tracking.
- Studying moose behavior, bird songs, tree identification, and temperate rain forest ecology.
- Navigating with a map & compass on an orienteering course
- Geocaching with a GPS (like a treasure hunt with battery-operated Global Positioning System).
- Exploring & learning ways to safely enjoy the outdoors with your children.
- Participating in a special event to learn different methods of camp cooking and shelter building.
- Experiencing the best of wild New Hampshire with our expert guides and instructors!